Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
The Hex Files, HPFandom
Stats:
Published:
2007-02-08
Completed:
2007-02-08
Words:
6,641
Chapters:
2/2
Comments:
1
Kudos:
72
Bookmarks:
10
Hits:
941

Slitherin' Further

Summary:

This is a sequel to Slitherin'. It starts two minutes after the end of Slitherin'.
These characters and this universe belong to J. K. Rowling.

Notes:

This is just a quick editorial update to get Hermione's name in there correctly.

Chapter Text

"Harry?"

"Hmmm?"

"Are you still poisonous?"

Harry lifted his head a little from the pillow and smirked at Draco, still exulting that the beautiful boy was in his arms at last. "I wass never poissonouss."

Draco scowled at him. "You said you killed the Dark – Voldemort with a poison bite."

Harry's grin widened and he kissed Draco on the nose. Draco wrinkled it in irritation, and Harry laughed. "Right. I'm venomouss – it'ss dangerouss when I bite. Poissonouss iss when it'ss dangerouss if ssomeone bitess me."

"Oh, ha ha ha," said Draco sourly, but he grinned back at Harry a second later. "So, are you?"

"Yeah," said Harry simply.

Draco looked disturbed. "We just – "

"I won't poisson you by accident, Draco," said Harry hastily. "I have to bite a particular way to make the poisson come out. Don't decide to sstop kissssing me!" And he swooped in and snogged Draco for good measure.

Draco snogged back, and soon enough had Harry pinned happily underneath him once more, hands roaming over his body. He was nibbling on Harry's throat and just starting to slide a hand downward when he was jerked forcibly backward and a mighty voice roared, "GET OFF HIM, MALFOY!!"

"Weasley," Draco snarled.

"Ron!" Harry cried, twisting in the bed to jerk Draco back onto it with him and get the sheet over their nakedness.

"Ronald!" came the irate voice of Hermione Granger as well. Then, "Harry?" From the tone of her voice Harry realised she must have gotten a pretty good look at just how twisty he now could be.

"Hermione," he said nervously, bracing himself and looking up at her. She met his gaze and sucked in her breath.

"Oh, Harry – " she began shakily.

Ron, oblivious, interrupted. "Now that we all know who's here," he said furiously, "what's Malfoy doing in bed with you, Harry?"

"Even you can't be that thick," said Draco in his haughtiest tones.

"Not helping, Draco," Harry muttered, then added, "Um, Ron, Hermione, why don't you give uss a minute to get dressssed, and we can all talk then?"

"Okay," said Hermione, and pulled a protesting Ron out of the cubicle. Harry heard her light into him as soon as they were out of sight.

"Come on," he said to Draco. "Where are my pyjamass?"

Draco peered over the side of the bed and retrieved Harry's pyjama shirt. They discovered his trousers and pants flung down over the foot of the bed, and Harry re-clothed himself. Draco meanwhile collected his black skulking ensemble and put it on.

"Okay, guyss," Harry called. Hermione and Ron reappeared around the curtain. Ron was pale and horrified looking, and the first thing he did was seize Harry's chin and peer into his eyes.

"Oh, Merlin," he said, dropping Harry's chin.

"Yeah," said Harry.

"Look what you've done to him, Malfoy!" Ron exclaimed, and Draco snorted.

"Look what we did to him, Weasley," he said with a sneer. "And get used to it. Pomfrey says it's not getting any better."

"Harry, can you tell us what's going on?" Hermione asked, sitting on the edge of the bed and failing to look Harry in the eye. She was blushing.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked instead.

She nodded, still blushing. "I can't believe I just saw you and Draco naked!" she said, hiding her face in her hands. "I've never – "

"Might as well start with the best, then," said Draco shamelessly.

"Shut up, Malfoy," said Ron, also blushing. "So, Harry – what happened?"

"I killed Voldemort," Harry answered, and Ron and Hermione both gasped. "I wass sstill a ssnake. Ssnape was there; he Portkeyed uss back here. When they tried to turn me back, thiss iss as closse as they could get." He was making a serious effort to keep his sibilants under control and not let his friends get a good look at his fangs or his new and improved tongue, but he wasn't sure how successful he was. Hermione was staring at his mouth.

"You really killed You-Know-Who?" Ron asked, subdued.

Harry nodded. "Really did."

"Nobody knows," said Hermione. "Why hasn't Professor Dumbledore announced it?"

Harry shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe he'ss waiting til I come out of the hosspital wing, or maybe they're trying to round up the resst of the Death Eaterss or ssomething."

"And you're really stuck like this?" Ron went on.

"I am," said Harry. "Madame Pomfrey and the Healerss from Sst. Mungo'ss agree."

"Harry, open your mouth," said Hermione suddenly. Harry clamped it shut and shook his head, not liking the white, still look of Ron's face. "Let us see."

"Don't push him, Granger," said Draco, who was leaning against the wall with his arms folded.

Hermione ignored him. "Please, Harry," she said gently.

He knew she wouldn't let up until he complied, so Harry reluctantly opened his mouth and stuck out his tongue.

"Bloody hell!" exclaimed Ron.

"Oh, well put, Weasley," Draco said, as Harry snapped his mouth shut and pressed back into the pillows. Draco sat down on the other side of the bed from Hermione and put his arm around Harry.

"Well, it's – "

"I'm a freak," Harry whispered.

"No, you're not!" Hermione cried, just as Draco said, "Don't be a prat, Harry, you're perfect. Remember what I told you."

Even Ron said, "You are not, Harry. I was just – surprised."

Harry pressed back closer against Draco, but gave Ron and Hermione a hopeful look. Ron went on, "I mean, it's a lot. The last time I saw you, you had just been turned into a snake. Then you disappeared for three days, and now you're back and Voldemort's dead and you're still all – snake-ish and you're snogging him." He jerked his chin at Draco. "You could have warned us about the snogging," he concluded in aggrieved tones.

"It wass kind of a ssurprisse for me too," said Harry.

Draco turned red. Hoping to forestall some unproductive snarky remark, Harry said, "Not that I'm not happy about it. I'd been thinking about it." And he smiled up at Draco, who smiled back in a stunned way.

"Really?" he said, clearly forgetting their audience.

Harry nodded. "Yeah."

"So what happens now?" Hermione asked, before they could get too involved in each other.

"Now," said Madame Pomfrey, suddenly sweeping aside the curtain, "it's time for your potion – what are you all doing here? I said no visitors until morning!" She folded her arms and tapped her foot.

"It is after midnight," Draco pointed out smoothly, unfazed by her sudden entrance. Harry's heart was thumping with surprise. "Technically, it is morning."

"We'll just be going now," said Hermione hastily, pulling Draco and Ron toward the hospital wing doors. "See you for breakfast, Harry!"

Madame Pomfrey turned to Harry, but her stern expression softened when she saw how much happier he was looking. "Drink this," she said, handing him a potion phial. "It's the last of the healing potions you need. You can have breakfast in the Great Hall."

"Thankss, Madame Pomfrey," said Harry, drinking the potion.

"They are good friends, aren't they," she said fondly, and drew the edge of the sheet up to his chin as he lay back down. "Sleep well, Mr Potter."

Harry snuggled down and flicked out his tongue to taste the last tang of Draco's scent on the air. He fell asleep smiling.

He woke around dawn, and decided he might as well get showered and dressed. Once done with that, he was just wondering what to do with himself until breakfast time – Madame Pomfrey wasn't even up yet – when Professor Dumbledore came into the infirmary.

"Ah, Harry," he said, twinkling. "You seem to be feeling better."

"Yess, ssir," said Harry, sitting down on his bed as the Headmaster conjured himself a comfortable armchair.

"I'm glad," said Professor Dumbledore. "Now, you must have some questions for me, I believe."

"Yess, ssir," said Harry again. "Hermione ssayss nobody knowss about Voldemort. What'ss going on?"

"When Voldemort was dying," said Professor Dumbledore, "he called on various protections against death that he had set up for himself."

"He did sseem to keep recovering every time I bit him, until the lasst time," Harry recalled.

"Yes. One of the protections he had was the ability to draw on his followers' magic through the Dark Mark. This caused them some considerable pain," said Professor Dumbledore. "Such pain, in fact, that most were unable to stop themselves from revealing it. Many Death Eaters have been apprehended in the last three days because of this. They were, most of them, left drained and unable to escape the Aurors."

"Professsor Ssnape!" Harry cried.

"He will be all right, Harry," Professor Dumbledore soothed. "He is recovering in his quarters, and his magic levels are slowly rising to their normal place."

Harry sighed. "Sso you were waiting to announce Voldemort'ss death until the Death Eaterss were taken care of?"

"That's right," said Professor Dumbledore. "There are few left now. It was announced this morning to the wider Wizarding world. If you are up to it, I would like to go ahead and make the announcement to the school."

"I guesss so," said Harry. "I mean, people need to know he'ss gone." He was silent for a few moments. "The presss are going to be all over me, aren't they?" he said gloomily.

Professor Dumbledore smiled at him. "They won't be allowed on the school grounds," he said. "But I think it likely that you will have many requests for interviews and the like. It might be wise to accept some, to keep the rest from inundating you. Perhaps Miss Lovegood could be of help in that regard once again."

Harry nodded. "I jusst – don't want to hear what they'll have to ssay about thiss," he said, indicating his body with a sweep of his arm. A thought occurred to him, and he looked hopefully at Professor Dumbledore. "Could we casst a Glamour Charm? Make me look normal?"

"We could," said Professor Dumbledore, stroking his beard thoughtfully. "But I believe it would soon grow tiresome to have to maintain it all the time. You have nothing to be ashamed of, Harry."

"They're not going to think sso," said Harry. "Voldemort was so ssnakey, and look at me."

"I think a Glamour Charm will make things more difficult for you in the long run," said Professor Dumbledore. "But it is up to you."

Harry thought about facing the Great Hall full of Hogwarts students, let alone the greater Wizarding world, and cringed. He opened his mouth to ask for the Glamour Charm when he remembered what Draco had said – he was perfect as he was, and anyone who said different would feel the wrath of a Malfoy.

Draco loved him, even like this. Ron and Hermione had been able to cope. Maybe he should give it a go.

"Let'ss go have breakfasst, ssir," he said, and Professor Dumbledore smiled proudly.

"Well done, Harry," he said.

The two of them left the infirmary and headed for the Great Hall. It was still early, so there were very few students in the hallways, and the ones they did see seemed not to pay them much attention. This changed when they got to the Great Hall and found Draco, Ron, and Hermione waiting for them.

"I will leave you to come in with your friends, then, Harry," said Professor Dumbledore, and went into the Great Hall alone.

Draco immediately pulled Harry into his arms and gave him a sound kiss, much to the shock of a passing Hufflepuff. Ron shooed the girl along as Draco held Harry by the shoulders and looked him over.

"Good, no Glamour Charm," he said. "I wondered if Dumbledore would talk you into one."

"He ssaid it was up to me," said Harry.

"You made the right choice," said Draco, and kissed him again. Hermione shooed along some scandalised Ravenclaws. "I told you, you're perfect the way you are," he said, pulling back for air.

"Can you stop with the public snogging?" Ron asked. "You're scaring people."

"It's a new world, Weasley," said Draco, sounding very smug. "I'll snog Harry wherever I want."

Harry took another hug to fortify his nerves, but then he pushed away from Draco and squared his shoulders. More and more people were approaching the Hall. "Well, right now I'm hungry," he said. "Let'ss get some breakfasst before all the excitement sstartss."

"Good idea," said Hermione, and they all entered the Hall. Draco squeezed Harry's hand one last time and peeled off to the Slytherin table, where he was greeted with puzzled looks by the friends he had remaining after he had publicly stated his lack of interest in Death Eater-hood. Harry wondered what he was telling them; he got the gist when the puzzled and then rather shocked looks transferred to him as he settled at the Gryffindor table between Ron and Hermione.

Not knowing when Professor Dumbledore would choose to speak up, Harry hurried through his breakfast. Neville gave him a nod and a quiet welcome back, though his eyes widened when he met Harry's gaze. Harry smiled back with his mouth closed.

"So Harry, feeling better?" Seamus asked.

Harry nodded, grateful his mouth was full so he didn't have to say anything. Steeled for it he might be, but he wanted to hold off the revelation of his physical changes as long as possible.

"Looks like you're still not all there, mate," said Dean slowly, looking him in the eye. Of course as an artist, he would be more observant than Seamus, Harry thought. He shrugged and nodded again.

"There were some side effects from the spell, but they're purely cosmetic," said Hermione briskly. "Harry's himself again, don't worry."

"Cosmetic?" Seamus took a closer look. "Wicked stare, mate," he decided.

Having swallowed his food, Harry said sardonically, "Thankss." He didn't even try to pronounce Seamus's name.

"Are you really okay, Harry?" Neville asked.

"Yeah," said Harry, forgetting himself and smiling a wide reassuring smile at his friend. Neville drew back slightly at the sight of the fangs, and there were some gasps from the others nearby. Harry's smile died and he started to huddle in on himself.

Ron elbowed him. "Look at Malfoy," he whispered, looking as though he had bitten a lemon.

Harry looked up. Draco was staring at him; as soon as their eyes met he mouthed, "Perfect. Mine."

Harry smiled a little – mouth closed – and nodded, and Draco nodded back.

Just then Professor Dumbledore stood up and called for silence, and Harry braced himself. "Ladies and gentlemen, I have an announcement. You may have noticed some unusual comings and goings these last three days by members of the Ministry."

Everyone leaned forward attentively.

"This is due to a very happy cause. Three days ago, Lord Voldemort was defeated forever."

This was greeted by absolute silence.

Undaunted, Professor Dumbledore went on. "Despite his unfortunate accidental transfiguration and his subsequent capture, Harry Potter met his destiny and killed Lord Voldemort. His followers have been, for the most part, rounded up. The Dark Lord's reign of terror is over."

There was rustling all over the Hall as everyone turned to stare at Harry, who flinched, but then sat up straight.

"How did you do it?" someone yelled.

"You weren't even human then, were you?" someone else chimed in, and as though a dam had broken the Hall filled with voices shouting questions.

Professor Dumbledore let this go on for a few minutes, then held up his hand again. "Everyone, please! Mr Potter is still recovering from his ordeal, and he is not to be pestered with questions. Further information will be made available to you in due course. And now, I believe a reprieve from class is in order. You have the day free." A cheer went up.

Great, Harry thought, now they're all free to pay attention to me.

Deciding to be proactive, he got up and headed for the doors of the Great Hall. Hermione and Ron followed a second later, and Draco joined them at the door. He was closely followed by several other students. Harry gave them a hunted look.

Draco turned and held up an imperious hand. The approaching students stopped automatically. "Harry will be answering questions after lunch," he said grandly. "You have until then to write down your questions and give them to either Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, or myself."

"Since when are you in charge of Harry Potter?" someone yelled.

Draco raised a brow. "I am in charge of seeing to it that Harry is not overwhelmed and unhappy as of now, Smith," he said coolly. "Deal with it." He put a hand on Harry's shoulder and swept him out the doors of the Hall.

"Good idea, having them write down their questions," said Hermione, catching up with them.

"Thanks," said Draco absently. He had not taken his hand from Harry's shoulder; in fact, he had put his arm around him in order to keep it there. Harry was enjoying the warmth radiating from the other boy, and smiled at his friends.

"Let's go flying," said Ron. "It's too nice a day to be stuck inside." He looked at Draco, and his lips twisted a little. "You too, Malfoy."

Harry beamed at him. "That ssoundss great! I have a feeling I'm going to be sspending more time than I want to indoorss in the next little while. Want to come, Draco?"

"Of course," said Draco, his arm tightening around Harry's shoulders for a moment. "I'll meet you by the front doors in a few minutes; I'll have to get my broom. Harry, could I see you over here for a moment?"

"Ssure," said Harry, and followed Draco over to a small niche next to a suit of armour. Draco immediately swept him into a passionate kiss. "Mmmph! Mmmmm…"

Draco really did taste wonderful, Harry realised dreamily, his hands curling onto the taller boy's biceps. And he was so warm, and he had wicked hands…Harry twisted against the hands on his backside.

Draco's lips left his and trailed over his throat. "Do we have to go flying?" Draco murmured. "I want you."

"Umm…" Harry couldn't think clearly. He gripped one hand in Draco's hair and brought their mouths back together, enjoying Draco's moan as their tongues tangled. One of Draco's legs slid between his, and he pressed eagerly against it.

"Come on, you guys," said Ron, and a second later he cried, "AHHH, MY EYES! What are you doing, it's the middle of the corridor, ugh, stop it right now –"

Draco's hands tightened on Harry and his hips moved; Harry gasped. "Can't he ever just shut up?" Draco muttered.

"Calm down, Ron, you're going to draw attention," Hermione was saying.

"But they're practically shagging, it's not right –"

"Ron!" snapped Harry, pulling away from Draco. "Sshut it. You're attracting a crowd." This was true; Harry could see curious faces starting to gather behind the irate redhead. "Do you sstill want to go flying?"

Ron's face worked. "Well, yeah, I guess."

"Then pleasse go up and get our broomss, okay? Draco and I will be right there."

"Right. Come on, Harry," said Draco, before Ron could reply, and hauled him by the hand down to the dungeons and the Slytherin dorm. Ron's despairing groan chased them down the stairs.