Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
The Hex Files, HPFandom
Stats:
Published:
2008-10-30
Completed:
2012-04-25
Words:
15,515
Chapters:
6/6
Comments:
8
Kudos:
106
Bookmarks:
18
Hits:
4,117

That One Time

Summary:

Harry has finally obtain the family he's always wished for, until his past catches up with him when a boy comes to his home with a letter.

Notes:

Note from SeparatriX, the archivist: this story was originally archived at The Hex Files, which was closed for financial and health reasons. To preserve the archive, I began manually importing its works to the AO3 as an Open Doors-approved project in August 2016. I e-mailed all creators about the move and posted announcements, but may not have reached everyone. If you are (or know) this creator, please contact me using the e-mail address on The Hex Files collection profile.

Chapter 1: A boy and a letter

Chapter Text

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters used in this story. They belong to J.K Rowling and Warner Bros. I am only using them for entertainment purposes.

 

I’ll like to thank my beta Charmed3 for going over my mistakes.

 

 

Chapter 1 - A Boy And A Letter

 

 

The sunrise illuminated the sky with purple hues and an orange glow, hitting the window of the master bedroom, awakening one of the occupants. Harry didn't want to stir from his position in the bed, one arm wrapped around the warm body pressed against his side. He turned his head to nuzzle the red hair under his chin. Sighing, he rubbed his hand up and down the arm he was holding.

“Daddy!”

Groaning yet smiling, Harry reached with his other hand for his glasses just before a bundle of pink jumped in between him and Ginny. The youngest of his children, and the only girl, peered at him from his chest. Her hair was loose, and a brown teddy bear was tightly clutched under her arm.

“Daddy, wake up!”

Harry heard laughter coming from beside him. Ginny had finally awakened and had decided to make her presence known. She sat up and took Lily from Harry and placed her in her lap. Harry rose as well and looked on at the mother and daughter display with adoring eyes.

“Come on, Lily. Leave Daddy alone, he had to work extra hard last night at the Ministry.”

“It's too late now, Gin.” Harry looked at his daughter who responded with a grin of her own. Lily scrambled over to her father's lap with ease, letting Ginny stand and head to the bathroom. As she did, both of his sons made an entrance into their bedroom and headed to the bed. Albus smiled at him and kneeled to Harry's left while James sat to his right.

“I didn't know that there was going to be a party in my bedroom,” Harry said. James just grinned, as did Albus along with the already grinning Lily in his lap.

“We didn't find it necessary to tell you, Dad.” James stretched his arms behind his head.

Harry just shook his head and shooed everyone off the mattress as he himself finally got out of his bed, making his way to the bathroom after Ginny exited. She gave him a soft kiss with a warm smile and took their children towards the kitchen. Harry completed his morning ablutions, then stood in front of the mirror. He had kept his hair at shoulder length since the war. Playing Quidditch with his sons in the sun had left him with a darker skin tone than the one in his school days. It also left his body toned with muscles in his arms, legs and stomach. Harry had grown into a fine man these past years and he knew it. He would sometimes go out with Ginny and his friends, only to be blatantly flirted with by passersby, and at times their own waiter, male and female.

Harry sighed, he hadn't yet explained to his wife of the few escapades he had had before they had gotten together. Ginny had already told him that Seamus, Dean, and Neville were the only other men in her life and neither had taken her purity. Harry was the one to take care of that. Although Harry had told her that Cho Chang had been the only other woman he ever had a relationship with, he hadn't told Ginny of the many male sexual encounters he had. Unlike the rest of his dorm mates, Harry lost his virginity to a boy who was placed in Ravenclaw, two years ahead of them, in his fifth year. He had never told anyone that he was bi-sexual, but then again, no one had ever given him the chance.

A knock at his door brought him from his reverie and he put on a shirt and one of his favorite pairs of slacks, and headed towards the sweet aroma coming from the kitchen. Ginny reminded him of her mother, Mrs. Weasley, as he watched her perform the spells needed to feed their family. He sat down at the head of the table and a plate full of food appeared in front of him.

“Tuck in,” Ginny said as she spelled the few dishes in the sink to wash themselves.

“Thank you, Mother, for breakfast,” James said, wolfing down the last of his meal. He stood and headed towards his room with haste.

“What do you think he's up to?” Harry pointed his fork towards where James had gone. Ginny shrugged her shoulders as she sat down in the chair in beside Harry’s.

“It's probably some invention he's created. George may finally be returning back to his old self, but I don't like the fact that he's gotten my son into all these pranks as well,” Ginny said with a frown marring her features. Harry silently agreed, but didn't think to voice the fact that Mrs. Weasley was the happiest of all them to have her son back to his normal mischievous self.

“We can't change anything. James is as obsessed with his uncle as George is with him. Whenever we meet up with the family, they are always hiding in a corner and whispering,” Harry pointed out.
Ginny nodded and resumed eating.

“Daddy?”
“Yes, sweetheart?”

“When are we going to see Uncle Ron and Auntie Hermione?” Lily asked. “Rose promised that I could play with her old dolls the next time we came over.”

“We'll see, honey.” Ginny smiled at her daughter.

An owl flew in and dropped a bundle of letters on their table. Ginny reached over and scowled at the five letters that she looked at, and Harry knew they must've been from some of his fans that still sent him letters of adoration. Her eyes widened when she looked at the last letter.

“Who's it from?” Harry asked, watching Ginny change from the shocked expression to the happy one that was now on her face.

“Hogwarts,” she breathed out and she immediately stood and went towards James’ room. Harry looked at their other children, who bore a looks of shock and awe on their faces. Albus' fork was midway towards his mouth and Lilly gasped, then headed in the direction her mother went.

“Already?” whispered Albus.

“It seems so.” Harry replied. He watched as his son lowered his fork and played with his food. Harry reached over and rubbed his back.

“Don't worry, you'll be going next year.”

“Yeah, but I want to go now, Dad.”

“I know.” Harry smiled at Albus, who finally raised his eyes to look at his father. Emerald met emerald and an understanding passed between father and son. Albus smiled and returned to finishing his breakfast.

There was a knocking at the door and Harry rose to open it. As the door swung open, Harry looked out for the visitor, but could not see anyone. It was when he heard a small cough that he looked down and noticed a blond-haired boy standing with a note in his hand. Slowly, a lump formed in Harry's throat and his hands began to sweat. This boy reminded him too much of someone he knew. Trepidation was building in his heart as the young boy stood in front of him with very familiar emerald eyes.

The boy outstretched his arm with the note in his hand and Harry took it into his own and opened it slowly.

'Potter,

I know you may not want to be reminded of your past, now that you have built a future with your wife, but some...obstacles concerning my health have appeared, leaving me unable to take care of our son. (I'll explain to you in person). He is the same age as your second offspring, but only three months earlier, so I don't think you'll have any problem with taking care of him. He's quiet but he does have his moments of mischief. I will send word to you at once when I am close to recovering and, hopefully, I will be able to take my son back and leave you with your family alone once more. This is the only thing I ask of you, and seeing as you are his father, I don't really see it as asking a favor, but more like catching up on the years past. I'll keep in touch.

Draco Malfoy'

“Bloody Hell!”

 

To be continued