Actions

Work Header

A Proper Courtship

Summary:

Draco insists on a proper courtship, Harry can do that. Or so he thinks. Set up in Drabbles between cocohufflepuffs and charlotteschaos.

This one starts with cocohufflepuffs.

Notes:

Note from SeparatriX, the archivist: this story was originally archived at The Hex Files, which was closed for financial and health reasons. To preserve the archive, I began manually importing its works to the AO3 as an Open Doors-approved project in August 2016.

Chapter 1: Doing Things Properly

Chapter Text

Harry stood in the middle of the hallway, Daffodil in hand. Neville had said that people once used Daffodils as a message of rebuttal, in effect stating that they didn't share the same feelings as the recipient. For Harry's purposes, this made the bright yellow flower the perfect gift. He didn't agree with the recipient's feelings on this matter at all.

He held out the flower, undaunted by the gathering crowd. Harry knew there would be looks of anger, upset and incredulity, but he cared little. The only look that did matter was the one before him, wading in clear, grey pools. That look WAS incredulous, but this pleased Harry. He considered it a small victory to achieve a reaction that wasn't hostile. When the look persisted, he cleared his throat to explain.

"You said you would only accept a proper courting, so a proper courting it shall be." He pressed the Daffodil into cool, limp fingers and left with a determined smile. All were silent until he turned a corner, then murmurs erupted from everyone. This pleased Harry even more. It meant he had witnesses to his announcement of Intentions of Courtship. After all, this had to be proper.

Harry Potter with a daffodil